Just a reminder that the annual competition will be launched on 15 May 2014. We are trying something new this year. Entries must be submitted in digital format and they will the be ‘sifted’ by the judge. Those chosen for the exhibition will then be printed by the member and submitted for the launch. Final details have yet to to be decided but all entries MUST be submitted digitally by the 20th April, so start preparing now!
For those new to the club here are the rules of the competition.
(Members only) – Awards
Cups will be awarded to the winning entry in each of the following classes:
Class: 1. Black and white print Portraiture
2. Black and white print Pictorial (Open)
3. Colour print Portraiture
4. Colour print Pictorial (Open)
5. Projected Digital Image Portraiture
6. Projected Digital Image Pictorial (Open)
7. A series of at least 4 prints mounted on a single 50cm x 40cm board depicting a theme. (Black and white or colour).
Confined to members who have not won cups in any previous annual exhibition and who qualify as a novice according to the rules entitled ‘Novice’.
Class: 8. Black and white print Open
9. Colour print Open
The Fermanagh District Council cup will be awarded to the best overall entry in the above classes 1 to 9.
Members Annual Exhibition Rules
1. All prints to be mounted on 50cm x 40cm only
2. Members may submit a maximum of 5 entries per section.
3. Neither title, description or name of entrant may appear on the front of the mount.
4. Title, name of entrant and class must appear on the reverse.
5. Prints and images from previous annual exhibitions shall not be eligible.
6. Every due care will be taken of entries but E.P.S disclaim liability for any loss or damage.
7. Cups awarded will be tenable for eleven months only.
Cups shall only be engraved with winners names by the E.P.S.
8. In the event of the exhibition being oversubscribed a selection committee shall select the entries, in such an event each entrant is assured of having one entry included in the Exhibition
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2013 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
A New York City subway train holds 1,200 people. This blog was viewed about 7,800 times in 2013. If it were a NYC subway train, it would take about 7 trips to carry that many people.
This is being run by Brian Cooney who will be talking to us at our meeting on February 13th 2014. He can be contacted at:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: 21st to 24th of March 2014
Tutor: Brian Cooney
Inclusions: 3 star hotel accommodation, 1/2 board (3 evening meals, 3 nights B&B)
single occupancy, tea, coffee & snacks, all instruction & guiding, transport & airport
Exclusions: Lunch Sat & Sun, alcohol, flights.
Group Size: 6 places max.
Level: Beginner to advanced.
This extended weekend photography tour is ideal if you feel like exploring the beautiful
landscape of the west coast of Ireland. Experience for yourself the might of the atlantic
ocean, be inspired by the ever changing moods and colours of the mountains of
Connemara and celebrate the spring with a visit to the wild west of Ireland. Take this
opportunity to reacquaint and master your DSLR and rediscover the techniques and
strategies that will allow you to express your vision fully and easily.
Get 10% off when you book before 30th of November! Places are limited and this
offer is extremely popular so pay your deposit HERE!
What we will cover
• Manual exposure and taking full control of the camera
• Understanding the histogram
• F-stop and shutter speed
• Shooting in RAW & Jpeg
• White Balance
• Depth of Field and sharpness
• Using filters including ND filters, graduated ND’s and polarizers
• Using deliberate camera movement to create an impression
• Creative strategies
• Post processing & digital workflow
Last summer the club held a Landscape Workshop based on the North Coast. It was run by John Miskelly (www.johnmiskelly.co.uk). Unfortunately only a handful of members were able to attend, so this year the committee has decided to run the workshop in Fermanagh.
John is a great landscape photographer and this is an opportunity to learn from him without the expense of travel or accommodation. We have booked him for Saturday 7th June 2014 with an option for the following day should there be enough demand. At this stage it is difficult to be exact on cost but it is anticipated that it will be in the range of £25 – £45 per person depending on numbers. The club will be subsidising part of the cost.
A provisional programme would be meeting mid morning, doing 2 or 3 locations in the area, evening meal and discussion and then finishing up with a sunset shoot.
Although June next year seems a long way off we need to get this organised as soon as possible so I am asking members to contact me by email or phone if they are interested in order that I can collate details and firm up the cost. I will be looking for a final commitment and deposits by the end of January.
Please contact me on either 02866 341353 or email@example.com
10:45 – 1:00 Viewing LRPS & ARPS Print Panels
4:00 Questions and Answers
Distinctions Manager Andy Moore LRPS
Distinctions Assistant Simon Vercoe LRPS
The complex is situated in the beautiful surroundings of the Lagan Valley Country Park in South Belfast. The private members club is only a short 20 minute drive from George Best City Airport and a 10 minute drive from the city centre.
The club has excellent bar and restaurant facilities which we would encourage all participants to use. There is wheelchair access to the facilities.
Just a reminder that we will be meeting at 8pm in the BT/Castle car park. Please bring a tripod if you have one, as well as your camera of course! The forecast is good but even if it rains we will still go ahead – good images can be captured in any weather. New members will be paired with more experienced members (if they so wish) and we will capture Enniskillen by night!